Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Life in the US – Debugging the lies!

I have not written this week. I am working on a new project. Since I believe that the data from the government is false, that politicians are corrupt and that corporate America has bought our politicians, I thought I would try to prove it. The concept of this project is based on some of the things that have been said in the past and our politicians are wasting time and money holding hearings on again this week. I currently consult for private equity but I have 20+ years in technology and 15 years in executive management. I have raised over 50 million dollars for start-ups that I have created and developed over the years.

I am applying for jobs just to see what the market is really like. I will try to get a job doing anything including janitorial services, retailers like Target-Walmart, fast food all the way up to CEO level positions. I have now spent a week doing this. All I am interested in is actually securing a job, any job, you know the jobs that “Americans will not do”, open the borders, or that “there is insufficient talent in the US to actually cover the demand”, increase the HB1 Visas. I will then do this job for at least six months for hourly jobs and at least 2 years for upper level positions since I do not want to penalize the employer who actually needs someone.

The rules are these: I will accept background/drug checks for all positions. No credit checks unless the job manages money. I will not accept less than adjusted minimum wage in 1978 dollars, currently about 8$ an hour.

I have already applied in person for simple floor jobs at most of the national retailers including Target, Walmart, Tom Thumb, Lowes, Home Depot, Kroger, and Albertsons. I have gone to several building and landscaping companies for simple labor jobs and have not had one positive response. I have also sent resumes to about 100 companies for technical project management positions and received only 10 calls from recruiters but no interviews with companies. I have applied at 3 restaurants to wait tables and have contacted 10 companies looking for CIO-CEO individuals and have had 5 interviews with the executive committees.

I believe that unemployment in the US is at least 12% otherwise we would not have 1% of the population homeless and 33% “Food Insecure”. From my initial results, I believe that real life data will prove that my sensation that the US economic situation is on the verge of collapse with spiraling unemployment is actually correct.

May I simply say to Bill Gates, Hank Paulson, Ben Bernanke and President Bush, SHAME ON YOU!



Labels: , , , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Lexcen said...

I think your chances of getting a job would improve if you used a Mexican name. At least that would get you to the interview process.

12:51 AM  
Blogger Small Business USA said...

Lexcen your understanding of the US market is uncanny!

You see, Raffaella can get a retail job in a heartbeat (about 2 weeks) if she speaks with broken english.

But I am US born, educated, and somehow the employers do not think I fit into the slavery model very well.

I am learning a great deal about the way companies hire and structure personnel (in Italy it would be against the law to do what US corporations do). I hope to publish often, company by company and get this picked up in the national news.

I do not think joe citizen has any idea how perverse corporate america is, I didn't, and I run companies!

6:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home