Monday, July 02, 2007

America – Justice is Blind – Bunch of Crap

We have been taught that Justice is Blind. We have been taught that we are all equal before the law. Facts say something very different. President Bush just commuted the convicted felon for obstruction of justice, Scooter Libby. Strangely enough I was just thinking about the two border agents convicted for protecting our borders when I heard the news. The facts speak clearly Justice in the United States of America means that if you have friends in the right places you can break any law and stay out of jail. It also shows the disdain that our elected officials have for you and me.

Last night I was chatting with friends. They jumped all over me because I am so upset that the my America has been sold to corporate interests, that public servants serve only their own interests, that politicians are corrupt and that our justice department looks for convictions and not the truth. They laughed heartily as I talked of my disillusion. I was ridiculed, as only true friends can do, for believing in the American Dream, in government for the people and Justice in search of truth.

I have often sustained that, today, we are merely cattle for slaughter. The American citizen in no more than warm meat to advance the personal interests of corrupt politicians, a fountain of earnings to be raped and pillaged by unscrupulous corporations. I could not believe that our elected officials would be so blatant. President Bush has shown that politicians have no fear of the electorate. WE THE PEOPLE are wimps. We will not rebel, we will not demonstrate in the streets, we will not boycott paying taxes, we will not revolt; we will simply go to Walmart and spend more money to drown our frustrations.

I am disappointed to see that those who are in positions to inform the public are not making the connection with our border agents, wrongfully accused, wrongfully convicted and wrongfully serving prison sentences. I am ashamed. To think I was so gullible to be in God and Country. I am ashamed that I have not been able to do anything to clear the name of the border patrol agents. I am ashamed that I have not done more over the years to make sure the government actually represented my interests. I am, for the first time in my life, ashamed to be an American.

Mr. Bush, Shame on you!

Tags:


4 Comments:

Blogger Lexcen said...

I thought the American legal system was shown to be a joke after the O.J Simpson trial.

3:24 AM  
Blogger Small Business USA said...

Lexcen While we may not agree with the Simpson outcome, he was found innocent by a Jury. We can discuss the merits of a Jury system but that is another matter.

Scooter Libby was found guilty and the sentence commuted by the President because "too harsh" even though inside of Federally mandated sentencing guidelines. For Bush's buddies the penal guidelines are too harsh. For me and you they are just right...

7:08 AM  
Blogger AmPowerBlog said...

Have a great Fourth of July!

12:12 PM  
Blogger Lexcen said...

David, thanks for the clarification.

1:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home