Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Democrats want a Moratorium on Pork Spending?

I cannot believe it. I actually have found something good to say about politicians. Can you believe it the Democrats are talking about banning pork for a short period of time while they look at Lobby Reform. I am all for rewriting legislation on lobbying. I would take away its current legal status, after these are just bribes.

My immediate question is why have our elected representatives thought that this should just be a moratorium? I have seen some of the initial thoughts on what lobby reform means for the incoming congress and it is simply a more defined license to take bribes. Our representatives get paid enough to pay for their own lunches. Ask Joe worker if he is willing to buy his own meals and pay for his own vacations if he makes more than $150K a year plus medical, dental and a pension plan that will not be “fixed” after paying into it for his entire life.

I was not born yesterday. I am certainly skeptical regarding their intention to actually do something that will help this nation. Perhaps it is just a marketing ploy. Perhaps they intend to stop studying lobby reform and not tell anyone so the pork starts again while the country thinks they are fighting excessive spending. I do not know but it is a step in the right direction and we need to let our representatives know that we appreciate them actually doing what they were elected, and are paid, to do.

Tags:

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home